Tuesday, December 26, 2023

How to earn 10 Brownie Badges in a Semester

What a fun semester we had! Our troop has 19 first year Brownies and 4 second year Brownies. This is my first year as troop leader and we were busy! I am fortunate to have 3 co-leaders with me always ready to jump in and I appreciate them!

This semester Brownies had the opportunity to earn 10 badges, attend a camp in at our children's museum, attend some fun activities and more!

Here is a list of what we accomplished the first semester:

Official Badges

GS Way 

Home Scientist

My Great Day***

Pets

Designing Robots

Bump in the Night

Household Elf***

My Best Self

Philanthropist

My Own Budget

We earned these official badges during our hour and a half meetings. It is my personal preference to earn 1 badge per meeting to avoid having to keep track of who completed which step. 

Fun Patches

Ice Cream Social* 

Roller Skating*

Magic House Camp In*

Halloween Fun Patch***

Grocery Store Tour*

Thanksgiving Fun Patch***

Ice Skating**

Caroling**

Winter Break Fun Patch***

Pottery Painting Party*

*Troop Field Trip Activity

**Service Unit Activity

***Homework - optional fun


Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earning Badges on Your Own

 Earning Brownie badges outside of the troop can be a fantastic and enjoyable way for young scouts to explore new interests and skills. Here...