Thursday, December 14, 2023

Hi, I'm Ashley!

Hi there!



My name is Ashley. I am a second year troop leader, this year of all Brownies. I am a wife, a mom, soccer mom, new gymnastics mom and I work full time. I was the troop co-leader and was handed the troop over the summer. It seemed daunting at first but I'm getting into my groove, no longer planning meetings day of and actually enjoying this journey.

I have two daughters in my troop. Savannah and Eden - 2nd and 3rd grade. I also have a 17 year old son who is a junior in high school and plays competitive soccer. So I'm basically busy 100% of the time.

I am BUSY!

But, through it all, Girl Scouts has become a priority and I'm determined to give these girls the best I got.

We currently have a troop of 23 girls, and I'm willing to go up to 25... I say this now, but I'm also not the cookie lady. I appreciate her efforts and will make her life as easy as I can.

Our troop now has 3 co-leaders. I plan all of our meetings. They jump in where ever I need them. It's working for us. I will utilize them fully for cookie season though. I appreciate them and one of them is always available for ratios. I am fortunate in that aspect!

We meet at our elementary school and it's free. That process was simple. I contacted the secretary, sent her the proposed dates (2 Mondays a month) and our insurance verification from counsel and it was all set. Now, to get into the school sometimes is complicated - every door is always locked and only custodians are there but I'd rather have top notch security and be safe.

We meet from 6:00 - 7:30pm 2 Mondays a month. Not always every other Monday, it varies based on the school. It is a jammed packed meeting for Brownies. I'm still trying to work the kinks out here. 

We typically earn one badge per meeting. With 23 girls, it's easier for me to do everything in one meeting. I have not had one meeting yet where all 23 girls show up so I can't imagine trying to span out badges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earning Badges on Your Own

 Earning Brownie badges outside of the troop can be a fantastic and enjoyable way for young scouts to explore new interests and skills. Here...